This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

build an nDepth query

I need urgent assistance in trying to build an nDepth query. I need to see all authentication attempts (whether failed or sucessful) for a particular Active Directory account within the last two days. Account lockouts for that account during the same time frame would be helpful to see as well. How do I generate this query?

• In the nDepth tool, I would navigate to the Search Builder (the last selection on the bottom) to make it easier to build.  Then you can try with:

Events>Failed Authentication>Destination Account OR

Events>UserAuthTicketFailure>Destination Account OR

Events>UserAuthTicket>Destination Account

See if that gets you the information you need.

Hope this helps

Chrystal Taylor

http://www.loop1systems.com

• Thank you! It looks like this shows me what I am looking for.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to kris_mortensen

Handy tip - if you have a filter that shows you what you're interested in in real time, you can always go Gear (on the top left) -> send to nDepth to search for the same data historically.

You might want to use an Alert/Event Group to expand to all types of "Auth Audit Events" (not just individuals) - something like Auth Audit Events.DestinationAccount = <blah>. DestinationAccount generally shows you the target account (the account being logged on TO), SourceAccount shows you the account events might be coming from (usually only for changes).

nDepth also has a common/combined field called "Username". You can build some queries after the fact that just use the fields and don't refine to specific event types by dragging that field from the "Refine Fields" to the search bar/search area.