1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 18, 2013 4:44 AM by petrf

Customizing Node Details resource in NPM 10.4

Anthony Ussery

Hello,

Before I updated to NPM 10.4, I had my Node Details resource customized a little bit for ease of drilling into resources.

I did this by adding links to custom properties, letting the users click a mailto link to contact the node's infrastructure or application owner, plus a couple hyperlinks exclusive to the node (console, QuickBase, et cetera).

I did this by editing NodeDetails.ascx, as outlined in the following thread:

SSH from Node details screen

It seems with the update to 10.4, the format's changed a little.  It actually looks a little simpler.  Referencing a Custom Property used to look a little like this:

<tr>

<td class="Property" width="10"> </td>

<td class="PropertyHeader">Infrastructure Contact</td>

<td class="Property"> </td>

<td class="Property"><a href="mailto:<%#Eval("ObjectProperties[\"InfrastructureOwner\"]")%>"><%#Eval("ObjectProperties[\"InfrastructureOwner\"]")%> </a></td>

</tr>

Can someone update me with the right way to reference those custom properties as of 10.4?

Thanks!

• Re: Customizing Node Details resource in NPM 10.4
          petrf

Hello,

We changed that resource to load its data asynchronously.

What needs to be done is:

1. backup files mentioned bellow

2. open file AsyncResources.asmx, default location is in "c:\inetpub\SolarWinds\Orion\Services\"

3. locate string "node.HrefIPAddress" (without quotes)

4. add ", ObjectProperties = node.ObjectProperties.ToDictionary(de => de.Key.ToLower(), de => de.Value != null ? de.Value.ToString() : string.Empty)" just behind "node.HrefIPAddress" (without quotes)

5. open NodeDetails.ascx, default location is in "C:\inetpub\SolarWinds\Orion\NetPerfMon\Resources\NodeDetails"

6. in html template refer to custom property like this: "{{ ObjectProperties.city }}", example:

<tr>

<td class="Property" width="10"> </td>

<td class="PropertyHeader">Infrastructure Contact</td>

<td class="Property"> </td>

<td class="Property"><a href="mailto:{{ ObjectProperties.infrastructureowner }}">{{ ObjectProperties.infrastructureowner }} </a></td>

</tr>

Note that this solution is not supported. Files are replaced when website is configured by Configuration Wizard.