1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 19, 2012 7:21 PM by superfly99

Problems creating user icons / graphics

ttl

I've followed the instructions for creating user icons / overlays found in the Network Atlas guide. The graphic files follow the naming convention, they're GIFs and they're locaed in C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\SolarWinds\NetworkAtlas\Maps\Orion\localhost\NetObjects\User Graphics. However, when I open Select Graphic Image and click on the User Graphics section, there's nothing there. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

• Re: Problems creating user icons / graphics
          superfly99

Did you create the 10 Objects? Without all 10 objects in place, it doesn't work the icon.

But once you add in graphics into the folder and delete them or even delete the whole User Graphics folder and then restart Atlas, the folder re-appears. Orion stores a copy of the User Graphics folder to (even if Atlas is not running)

c:\windows\temp\solarwinds\networkatlas\orion\solarwinds\networkatlas\mapsweb\orion\localhost\netobjects\user graphics

So then when you restart Atlas, the User Graphics folder reappears. I haven't worked out how to delete old files as they keep reappearing.