3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2012 9:10 PM by superfly99

Advanced Alert Manager - This Hour/This Day

dfkerr

In the advanced alert manager there are options for "This Hour" and "This Day". I would like to know where these start counting from. I will use "This Day" as an example.

Does it check "This Day" from the start of the day (12:00AM) or does it go back 24 hours from the current time. So from right now (5:00PM) will it go back to yesterday at 5:00PM and use that count for "This Day" statistic?

Thank you in advance!

• Re: Advanced Alert Manager - This Hour/This Day
          superfly99

This Day will be counting from 12am in your local timezone. This Hour will be the current hour so if the time is 3:30pm, This Hour starts at 3pm.

dfkerr

Thanks for your feedback superfly99!

So there is no way to check for interface errors that occurred in the last 24 hours then?

In order for that to happen there would have to be a table which stores all errors individually and marks the time in which it was recorded/logged - which there isn't?

So SW just checks the error count on an interface and adds it to the running count in the "Interfaces" table - and this resets to zero every hour (for "This Hour) and every day at midnight (for "This Day")?

superfly99

You can do a report that should show you this info. Advanced Alert Manager is for alerting, not really doing statistics. You use it to get an alert if a certain condition happens. e.g. I get an alert if a link is sending or receiving over 90% continiously for 10 mins. But I would use a report to see how busy the link was in the last 24 hours, last week, last 3 months etc.

Hope that helps.