This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

migrating and upgrading NPM whilst keeping same SQL DB

hi all,

I want to upgrade our NPM, IPAM & NCM modules to the latest versions but I would like to do it by carry out fresh installations of the modules on a virtual machine because the physical box is running very low on resources and the windows installation is very old.

The way I would like to perform this is...

1) create new VM and install new version of NPM

2) Point this new installation to our existing SQL DB held on a 2005 SQL cluster

3) Install latest versions of NCM, IPAM & SAM.

Do you think it is possible to do it this way? Will I encounter problems when trying to point the fresh new install to my already existing SQL DB?

If you need any information as to software versions of what I have etc then let me know and I can get that information.

thanks

Mario

• Hi all,

any help on this would be great please.

Does anyone know how easy it will be to change the ipaddress of the VM host that I will be setting up my new solarwinds environment on? I want to be able to build the environment from scratch, point it to the old DataBase and then change its IP to the IP of the Old Server so that i dont have to change any of the loggin and snmp config of my network devices.

Thanks

Mario