3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2013 9:34 AM by behrtech

After upgrade cannot access web console on local machine

behrtech

I upgraded NPM from 10.3.11 to 10.4 and now I cannot access the web console on the local machine.  Funny thing is that I can access the web console from remote machines.  Do I need to install updates on the local machine?  I show 40 Windows updates pending.  Do I need to setup the web console on a particular port during installation?  I used port 80.  Whatever advice someone can give would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

• Re: After upgrade cannot access web console on local machine
          kmaxwell

Check the site's bindings in IIS to make sure there's no dupes or anything messed up there.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • Re: After upgrade cannot access web console on local machine
            tomas.pospisil

Hello behrtech,

as kmaxwell suggested check your site bindings in IIS. Please follow these instructions:

1. Log on to your NPM server using an account with administrative privileges.

2. Click Start > Administrative Tools > Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager. (Alternatively run inetmgr)

3. In the Connections pane, expand the name of your Orion server, and then expand Sites.

4. Click SolarWinds NetPerfMon, and then click Bindings in the Actions pane on the right.

5. Verify that you have Site bindings with at least one http type on port 80, IP Address should be empty or contains '*' indicating that IIS listening on all IP addresses on you NPM server. When binding has assigned specific IP address then website will be accessible within selected one. Try to use that IP address instead of localhost in your browser on local machine.

In case you have multiple websites hosted on IIS, than verify that different IP addresses/ports are used. This should be consulted with your website admin.

Let us know if it helps. TP