This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Terrible Customer Support Experiences Lately!!!!

Is anyone else having issues with SW Tech support?

I have three open cases with an average duration of over 2 weeks and it seems as if no one at all in Tech Support cares or wants to render assistance!

My Orion NPM was having major issues, so I moved it to a new server.  Then the problems started and have continued incessantly!

No web page at first.  Finally upgraded to 10.4 on my own, that fixed this issue.  No attempt at communications from Tech Support.

Next after fixing the above issue, now my default Node Detail page seems corrupted and will not work with any node!  Sent Diagnostics.  Still no contact from Tech Support!

So here I am with a SW Orion NPM that really isn't usable for over two weeks and I am not getting anywhere with Tech Support.

I am curious if anyone is having issues.

I have been a loyal SW customer for approximately 5 years.  I currently own and manage the below modules:

NPM

SAM

LEM

NCM

and Network Engineer's Toolset and LANsurveyor Express....Oh and I am SW certified!

I am looking into VNQM, but now I am thinking about scrapping the whole shebang because of this terrible Tech Support!!!!

Still I am not getting support worth a darn recently!!!!!

• bspencer - can I have the case #'s you are referring to?  I will contact the appropriate teams to figure out what is going on.

Thanks,

Danielle

• Uploaded SW Diagnostics at 9:34am yesterday and someone finally opened it up to review it about 10 minutes ago.  Took a 1 1/2 days to get someone to finally take a look.

• Yes, I sent an inquiry last night and confirmed Support would be in contact with you.  Apologies for the delay, please let me know if you have any further questions.

• Sometimes if the delay is too long I just call in.  I have had my slow times as well, especially when dealing with diagnostics.  But they are still better than Cisco, IBM, Microsoft, Riverbed and a host of others.

good luck....

• So, here we are 23 days later and I am still having issues with all of my modules/products!  I keep getting emails saying that they are willing to do gotomeetings, but then no follow up!  I hate to admit it, but the support that I have been receiving lately is some of the worst II have ever experienced for such an expensive product that I have kept on support since it was purchased.  I am regretting my choice that was made years ago and many $$$$ wasted when a product that is supposed to aid in troubleshooting cannot be used at all!!!!

I am getting so many errors now that the website isn't even worth my time.  Alerting is failing, I can't get into SAM if I wanted to, and LEM is not allowing me to login due to certificate issues that have been " looked into" so many times it has become a total waste of time, money, and effort.

I am definitely not getting my money on any product in use currently at all!!!!

• That is one of the reasons we have transitioned some of our stuff to Nagios XI. Their support has been extremely responsive and effective. Im sick of "support" that is responsive, but doesnt know anything other than "can you reboot?".

• Every case I've had open with Solarwinds has been dealt with promptly and effectively. I've had gotomeetings with them with no issues.

Email them a time when you are ready to do a gotomeeting and then be available for it. They are obviously trying to do a gotomeeting when you're not available.

Hope you get it sorted, would be a shame to throw out your investment.

• I concur, but not all cases are supported terribly. Sometimes I get a good service, but there is definitely some scope for improvement. For instance, the support persons never care to check whether you are available for a Goto meeting, the link comes first. Even on occasions when I requested for Goto meeting on a specific date, I didn't receive any meeting invite to block on my calendar. I just got a meeting invite at some random time on that date and finally end up requesting them to reschedule. These are very basic etiquette that I thought a Support team would know and they waste time in email ping pong.

Recently I got a support personnel recommending me to upgrade to NCM7.1 because it has RTN logging. In other words, they were recommending to upgrade merely to get more logs. I refused to upgrade unless there has been a proven bug on the earlier version, or if the version is end of support.

• superfly99,

I am envious that you have had so many good support sessions without experiencing a bad one!  I have had some superb sessions lately, in regards to LEM, but the other products are still lagging in response times for sure.

I don't want to switch from SW since I have so much invested and am still hoping for better support across the board.

Thanks for the response!

B