This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Adding custom properties by default to grid in Manage Subnets & IP Addresses

Hi,

We have added a number of additional custom properties to our IPAM database and are trying to figure out if there is a way to default showing these column in the grid views. Uses can add and change there own views but for new uses it would be good to expose these custom properties from the start so they know they are available.

Looking in the database i can see how custom user settings are stored in the IPAM_Setting table but this has no default that is used as a base for new users so i guess it must be somewhere else?

JonG

• Hi JonG,

I don know if I fully understand the question…

You want to show all custom properties on the IP address grid or networks grid in ”Manage Subnets and IP Addresses” page.

The Question is that you want to show these custom fields directly after adding the new custom field?

• The custom field is visible as the last column in the grid “by default” after its added to IPAM.

… Or the custom fields (already added) are hidden and you want to “bulk” show the custom fields columns for all accounts?

• This is not possible right now, every account needs to manage its columns manually now.

NOTE: The all custom fields should be visible for a newly created account in Orion.

Ondrej Hruska

IPAM Dev Team

• Hi Ondrej,

I think you have managed to understand our use case. Thanks for the prompt response it would be nice to be able to amend some kind of default layout and have user who have done no customization use that.

JonG

• Hi JonG,

Thank you for your point here. We think that is a good idea for a new feature. Let me create the request.

EDIT: A feature request is opened.(Request #191758)

Thank you,

Ondrej Hruska

IPAM Dev Team