3 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2013 8:21 PM by wanine39

NTA Install

park city

I have NPM, NPM additional web server, 4 pollers and NCM.  NCM is 7.1 and is installed on the same VM that I have my primary NPM server is on.   

I need to know if my upcoming install of NTA must be installed on the same VM which I have installed NPM or can I install it on a separate VM?  i want NTA to intregrate with my primary NPM webserver  and my additional NPM webserver just like my current install of NCM does.

Thanks,

Brad

• Re: NTA Install
          thoule

I have NPM installed in our environment and we are currently looking at evaluate NTA, and it looks like you must install NTA on the same server as NPM.  If not, you will receive a prompt to download and install NPM on the new server.

-Talbert

lsalazar

I've just purchase NTA along with an additional NPM polling engine. I have basically the same question. Does NTA have to be installed on the same server as NPM or can I install it on another server to maximize hardware performance? Also, if NTA does have to be installed on an NPM server, can I install it on the additional polling engine instead of the main NPM installation?

wanine39

this is what is have, it works well for me with less than 250 users across 10 sites

Five  VM's each are on their own core. though other non-solarwind light apps can share the same core, ie no oracle, MS snarepoint , ms exchange etc

VM1

• ip monitor
                • ntm
                • orion npm
                • ipam
                • sam
                • VNQM
                • netflow

VM 2

• SQL engine

VM 3

• eng toolset
                • sftp/scp
                • kiwi syslog
                • ntm

VM 4

• NCM

Vm 5

• LEM

With vcentre you can observe the loads and move apps accordingly to your load, user mix

i hope that this helps you

1 of 1 people found this helpful