This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NTA Install

I have NPM, NPM additional web server, 4 pollers and NCM.  NCM is 7.1 and is installed on the same VM that I have my primary NPM server is on.   

I need to know if my upcoming install of NTA must be installed on the same VM which I have installed NPM or can I install it on a separate VM?  i want NTA to intregrate with my primary NPM webserver  and my additional NPM webserver just like my current install of NCM does.

Thanks,

Brad

• I have NPM installed in our environment and we are currently looking at evaluate NTA, and it looks like you must install NTA on the same server as NPM.  If not, you will receive a prompt to download and install NPM on the new server.

-Talbert

• I've just purchase NTA along with an additional NPM polling engine. I have basically the same question. Does NTA have to be installed on the same server as NPM or can I install it on another server to maximize hardware performance? Also, if NTA does have to be installed on an NPM server, can I install it on the additional polling engine instead of the main NPM installation?