5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2012 4:09 PM by macnugetz

Issue with Account Limitations

Souza

We had the same issue in SEUM 1.0 and unfortunately we see it again in WPM 2.0.

If I set up a Account Limitation for an user (Single Transaction) this user will keep being able to see events and alerts from all other users transactions.

In our case, we would like to create users for differents customers and let them see only some transactions that are related to theirs business. One customer should not see what is going on with transactions from others. Sometimes these customers are competitors in our country. It will be a bit constraining if they see events and alerts from each other.

Developers team, please, try to resolve it!

Thank you.

• Re: Issue with Account Limitations
          lukas.cerny

Hello Souza,

the fact that the Last XX Events and All Triggered Alerts resources on Orion Summary as well as Events and Alerts tabs are not limited is known issue. However as for the resources, you can use the ones provided by WPM itself (Last XX Events and All Triggered Alerts that can be found on Transactions Summary). The WPM resources respect account limitations so these resources will show to your users only events/alerts that they are supposed to see.

Regards,

Lukas

Souza

Hello Lukas.

Thanks for the quick response.

Even if I try the workaround you suggested, users can still access directly the url http://wpm-ip-address/Orion/SummaryView.aspx and see other transactions events and alerts.

We can not take that risk and let a customer take a look in what is happening with any other customers transaction.

We think it is a security issue and hope you can take care about it.

Cheers,

aLTeReGo

A potential workaround may be to remove those resources entirely from the Orion Summary view and replace them with WPM's Last XX Events and All Triggered Alerts pictured below. These resource respect account limitations as lukas.cerny stated above.

WPM Summary Resources.png

Souza

Hello alterego.

I tried this workaround and yes it can help. I also had to remove some menu options like "events" and "alerts" from my client's menu bar as they still could see transactions from each other there.

I'd like to thank you for helping me.

Anyway I realy hope that Solarwinds can address this issue because I'm sure my customers would be very glad if they could access all WPM features and views and not only a few customized/modified views.

Cheers,