0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2012 11:26 AM by sduff

Is Open Manage Required for SNMP traps on Dell DRAC?

sduff

We have a number of Dell servers that use DRACs - I have seen in various other posts on thwack how people have managed to create UnDPs for polling stats from DRACs - we do not have Open Manage installed (and my manager doesn't want to use it), so trying to create these pollers fails.  I only have access to the very generic 1.3.6.1.4.1.674.10892.2.2.1.1 (product info) and 1.3.6.1.4.1.674.10892.2.2.1 (global system status) OIDs.

Within the DRAC web interface however, I have the ability to specify an SNMP Trap server, and check which items I would like to send snmp traps on.  Orion appears to be receiving informational traps like "server3.5.3.1.2.0=A Patrol Read operation started for Integrated RAID Controller 1." and  "server3.5.3.1.2.0=The battery on Integrated RAID Controller 1 completed a charge cycle."  Am I to believe that all SNMP traps are working?  I don't like relying on a guess, but without being able to create a custom poller on a particluar ID, I have no way of knowing, short of a failure, whether or not the correct trap will be sent to Orion - can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks,

Steve Duff