Deltona

Orion is unusable now.

Tried:

http://Orion/Orion/default.aspx

http://Orion/Orion/SummaryView.aspx

http://Orion/Orion/Adminhttp://swbeta/Orion/SummaryView.aspx

Nothing, all I get is the following:

post_wpm_2.0_rc_install.gif

Also, while having a RDP session open to the Orion server, i get the following every few minutes:

post_wpm_2.0_rc_install_2.gif

When clicking on view the message:

post_wpm_2.0_rc_install_3.gif

FWIW, UAC is NOT enabled.

Diags sent to leapfile.

• Re: Bonked web console after WPM 2.0RC install
          jiri.tomek

Hello,

For website issue please try to run SolarWinds Configuration Wizard (Start->Programs->SolarWinds Orion->Configuration and Auto-Discovery->Configuration Wizard), select "Website" option and go through wizard. It should reconfigure your website and fix your issue.

For your second issue with popup about Interactive Sessions detection we would need more detailed diagnostics. Please open a support ticket so that we can look at your issue directly. There are some problems with WPM player service that should be investigated.

aLTeReGo

Deltona, please open a support case at your earliest convenience and update this thread with your case number so we can ensure it receives prompt attention. 

Deltona

I uninstalled WPM 2.0RC1, rebooted, installed SEuM 1.5 then updated to WPM 2.0RC1. Everything works now, no issues found.

Had to install SEuM 1.5 first because when trying to install WPM i got an error @ ConfWiz re: exception, ifLicensed not found.

aLTeReGo

Thanks for following up Deltona. I'm glad you're back up and running. Other than the upgrade bumps, how has the rest of your WPM 2.0 experience gone? Have you played with any of the new features?

Deltona

Experience has been great so far. Loving the new features especially the waterfall charts. I love that you're able to load the elements in the charts individually just by clicking on them. Only one niggle to report on for the sake of uniformity. In the waterfall chart resource, could the Show this chart in full screen >> button be replaced by the Shift+Click on Solarwinds logo sequence as is the case with the other new chart style resources in NPM? Looking forward to seing updated chart styles for all WPM charts, too.

All that is missing is the Top XX Transactions by Location and Grouping functionality based on an identifier that could be added ?tag? for the summary page.

Thanks.

jiri.tomek

Hello Deltona,

there are already new charts in WPM, they are only not displayed by default after upgrade. If you want new charts, just go to "Customize page" and add new resources from "WPM Summary Charts", "WPM Transaction Charts" or "WPM Transaction Step Charts" groups.

Regarding waterfall chart fullscreen link - clicking on SolarWinds logo on other charts only enlarges chart that you see. But waterfall chart by default displays only 20 requests and other requests are hidden. Fullscreen mode for waterfall chart displays chart with all requests on particular page. Logo click can not do this so that is why we have a link.

Deltona

Hi there,

Thanks for the notes. Is it possible to embed the full screen action to view all in the logo? don't wish to press on this but i do feel that it would make the experience more uniform.

How about Top XX Transactions by Location, could that be added to the summary page as well?

jiri.tomek

Embedding full screen action in the logo is a good feature request and I entered it as a FB184018 into our system.

As for Top XX Transactions by Location on summary page - if you need this resource for specific location on Summary, you can add a Custom Object Resource (from Miscellaneous category) on your Summary page and by selecting any object type you can add any resource into it. Would that fit your needs? If not, can you describe in more details what information exactly you would like to see on summary?

Deltona

Hi,

Just tried getting what i'm after by using the Custom Object Resource but it doesn't show me what i need specifically.

Here's the scenario:

- You have 50 Transactions being played back.

- You have a total of 20 player locations. (N.USA, C.USA, S.USA, N.EUR, C.EUR, E.EUR, N.AFR, C.AFR, S.AFR, EMEA, APAC etc etc)

- The 20 player locations are performing transactions against your root location. (for argument's sake, let's say root location is Libertarian Island)

- All player locations are registered in Orion.

+ You would like to know which location (top XX out of 20 possible locations) has the most transactions, and highest Transaction times, sorted by transaction time - descending.

Ha!, just noticed the All Locations resource displaying current player load. It would be great if you could base a resource off this one and show top cumulative transaction time per location.