This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Netscaler Truncates Config

FormerMember
FormerMember

hi

use ncm version 7.1 .  When the config is truncates of the NetScaler config. What causes this problem?

Here is the template used for NetScaler.

<!--SolarWinds Network Management Tools-->

<!--Copyright 2007 SolarWinds.Net All rights reserved-->

<Configuration-Management Device="NetScaler Load Balancer" SystemOID="1.3.6.1.4.1.5951.1">

<Commands>

<Command Name="EnterConfigMode" Value="config terminal"/>

<Command Name="ExitConfigMode" Value="end"/>

<Command Name="Startup" Value="configuration"/>

<Command Name="Running" Value="running"/>

<Command Name="DownloadConfig" Value="Show ${ConfigType}"/>

<Command Name="UploadConfig" Value="${EnterConfigMode}${CRLF}${ConfigText}${CRLF}${ExitConfigMode}"/>

<Command Name="SaveConfig" Value="saveconf"/>

<Command Name="Version" Value="show version"/>

</Commands>

</Configuration-Management>

• Please review this thread.  http://thwack.solarwinds.com/message/15294

I had the same issue and worked with one of their top support members to correct it.  If I remember right I only had to add this line to my template to make it work.  <Command Name="PRECOMMAND" Value="set cli prompt &quot;%u@%h&quot;" />

Something coming back in the config backups made Solarwinds think the netscaler was done...By changing the default prompt I was able to get around that.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to mdriskell

thank you.problem solved.

• HI,

I am having the same issue not all of the Config is being downloaded, I added the line as per below but I am stil getting only part of the downloaded Config, do you need to do anything else, hve I configured the file correctly?

<!--SolarWinds Network Management Tools-->

<!--Copyright 2007 SolarWinds.Net All rights reserved-->

<Configuration-Management Device="NetScaler Load Balancer" SystemOID="1.3.6.1.4.1.5951.1">

<Commands>

<Command Name="PRECOMMAND" Value="set cli prompt &quot;%u@%h&quot;" />

<Command Name="EnterConfigMode" Value="config terminal"/>

<Command Name="ExitConfigMode" Value="end"/>

<Command Name="Startup" Value="configuration"/>

<Command Name="Running" Value="running"/>

<Command Name="DownloadConfig" Value="Show ${ConfigType}"/>

<Command Name="UploadConfig" Value="${EnterConfigMode}${CRLF}${ConfigText}${CRLF}${ExitConfigMode}"/>

<Command Name="SaveConfig" Value="saveconf"/>

<Command Name="Version" Value="show version"/>

</Commands>

</Configuration-Management>

• That's all that I remember having to do...I worked with support to get that fixed so I would go that route if I were you. 

• We had to change startup and running command as below, ssh into NetScaler check whether "show running" or "show ns runningconfig" is the correct command for your appliance.

<Command Name="Startup" Value="ns startupconfig"/>

<Command Name="Running" Value="ns runningconfig"/>