This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Adtran TA908e Unknown Interface Status

I can discover and add the interfaces to the device but it stays in the Unknown state.  Any issues with Adtrans?

Adtran Total Access 908e

• Is see that polling doesn't update.  Why wouldn't this device get polled?  I tried removing the node and re-adding.  Didn't change it.

• It seems the integration between NCM and NPM is causing an issue.  I have a ticket with both groups open now.

• Turns out that the problem was that I moved the NPM database to a new SQL Server, without running Configuration tool on the NCM server.  The migration docs really didn't cover this new setup since NCM 7.0.

I ended up doing a NPM 10.3.1/NCM 7.1 upgrade, since I was putting this off.  By the way, the order is: Shutdown Additional Web server, Upgrade NPM on core server, upgrade IPAM, upgrade NCM on core server.  Now upgrade NCM server.  Finally upgrade additional web server.  Everything now in sync.