0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 2, 2012 5:56 PM by geoffers

Alert Manager variable ${SQL...

geoffers

Has anyone tried to monitor SQL server DBA type task using SW using Application Monitors and Alerts?

Here is what I am attempting.

Application Monitor: Failed Jobs Custom SQL Monitor

Purpose: Using the 'SQL Server User Experience Monitor' template, logs into SQL Server and counts the number of Failed SQL Server Jobs and returns this as 'Statistic'

Also concatenates the SQL Server Job names and returns list at the 'Message' If the statistics is > 0, then alert.

Using the Alert Manager I have set up an Alert to send an email to the DBA's. I want to put the Message from the Application Monitor into the email. Here is what I have in my Trigger E-Mail Message tab:

This alert triggers when there are Failed SQL Server Jobs.

${SQL:Select ErrorMessage From SolarWindsOrion.dbo.APM_CurrentComponentStatus  where ApplicationID = ${ApplicationID}}

When the email is received all I get is 'This alert triggers when there are Failed SQL Server Jobs'

When I run the SQL inside the database I get:

Select ErrorMessage From SolarWindsOrion.dbo.APM_CurrentComponentStatus  where ApplicationID = 1268

"SQL Server Failed Job(s): CleanUp Old Backup Files.Subplan_1, Full Backup.Subplan_1, on NLRE-DB"

So I am concluding my variable is messed up somehow.