3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 2, 2012 12:20 PM by danlpf

Nodes not showing on the wizard

danlpf

Hello all

I'm trying to set up SolarWinds to get IP sla results that I'm currently running on several Cisco network devices.

The IP SLA is running fine. The issue is that when I try to Add a new operation, I'm not able to find any node.

There is some ports that I need to open on the workstation or maybe disable the WS firewall?

I got a RO snmp community set on the devices.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Dann,

• Re: Nodes not showing on the wizard
          adeese2

We normally add Cisco IP SLA source routers to NPM first to ensure they can be monitored.  Then we either use IP SLA Manager discovery to add them to IP SLA Manager node list or we add them manaually.  If you cannot monitor the Cisco IP SLA source routers using NPM then you can try temporarily turning off Windows Firewall.  If Windows firewall is blocking traffic you will have to add rules to allow ICMP and SNMP responses.  If you do not wan to using NPM then you can RDP to NPM host and try to ping Cisco IP SLA source routers.  You can also use SNMP tools like those found at http://www.elifulkerson.com/articles/net-snmp-windows-binary-unofficial.php.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • Re: Nodes not showing on the wizard
            mharvey

For some of the operation types as well you may need both a read/write string, or CLI credentials in order for IPSLA to be able to get the information.  If you are not seeing the nodes, though, make sure you have added the nodes into NPM to be monitored, then go into the IPSLA settings, or in the newer version the VoIP and Network Quality Manager Settings, and under IP SLA Management under Manage IP SLA Nodes try both the Automatically Discover IP SLA Capable Nodes and Manually Add Nodes....  This will allow you to add the nodes in order to monitor the operations you have added to them.

Regards,

Matthew Harvey

Loop1 Systems

http://www.loop1systems.com