2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 26, 2014 12:09 PM by choly

What's this?

zhenjie

Hey guys, I have run into a little problem here shown in the attachment.

Tried unistalling and re-install it again but to no avail.. I'm puzzled by this error shown. Help please
      Thanks in advance!

• Re: What's this?
          choly

Hi,

this coud have about three reasons from top of my head:

1) you have licensing issue, e.g. NTA licensce doesn't match volume of NPM license; Fix: obtain correct license

2) you have changed IP address/hostname of Orion server or migrated to another server keeping old DB; Fix: Either contact support to solve this, or go to Orion Settings > Details > Polling Engines > check that you have two primary polling engines > delete the old one. Then go to NetFlow summary view > NetFlow services resource > Edit > Delete the old NetFlow service.

3) make sure you have same time and timezone on both Orion and SQL server

4) your service might have some real issues which keeps it crashing, so if previous reasons are not your case then please contact support.

Thanks,

O.

•  

Re: What's this?
            zhenjieLevel 1
            oh my gosh, your second point works! I didnt notice that mulitple polling engines affects this.. plus im stuck at how to delete unused polling engines too.A very big Thank You for help me out of this! Appreaciate it a lot!
          •  

Re: What's this?
            odegbengaLevel 1
            Hi,Thanks for the hints. You were right, I saw two polling engine but I wasnt given the option to delete the old one but rather the new one. i decided to bite the bullet and i deleted it but after some minutes, it reappeared as the active with the old polling engine still there. Will appreciate you advice.

• Re: What's this?
              choly

Hi,

you have nodes still assigned to old engine. First you should migrate all nodes to new engine, go to Orion Settings >Manage Nodes > select group by = no grouping > select all nodes > In More actions select Change polling Engine > Switch from old to new one.

Now you will be able to delete the old one using method I described earlier, with deleting old netflow service as well.