1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 17, 2012 3:03 PM by rfletcher

NPM not polling servers

rfletcher

Sorry if this question is redundant, I attempted to use search but found nothing quite matching what i needed.

I am currently monitoring my Servers up/down status as well as some custom pollers with a second server and noticed as of 6:30am nothing has polled even after i attempt a manual poll. So far I have rebooted the SQL server and both of our Orion servers. Also, I have compared services on each Orion server for any differences and have not found any. I have confirmed my first (and primary) Orion Server is functioning fine and is polling as scheduled. Does anyone have any advice on how to troubleshoot what might be the cause? My colleague has opened a ticket but I wanted to try on here while we awaited a response.

Thanks,

Ryan

• Re: NPM not polling servers
          rfletcher

Question was answered by tech support. Four files from our msmq directory (MQInseqs.lg1, MQInseqs.lg2, MQTrans.lg1, MQTrans.lg2) were missing and found in the recycle folder. We had to stop the MSMQ service clear the 1GB worth of mq files and restore the 4 missing files. After all that all services started reporting correctly. I wanted to make this post so if anyone else has this problem.

Thanks,

Ryan