3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2012 9:39 AM by cvachovecj

UDT

sonic6t9

I am currently running version 2.0 and the operations group has brought up a couple issues they are seeing and i'm just not sure on how to resolve the issue

They are really into using the report for unused ports because some site have capacity issues.  After playing with it for a while they have found that the report may say port 1 hasn't been used in 5 days but then in NPM go to that switch and you see that port up and up.... So, now they are questioning how good this product is and i admit I am also a bit confuses on why the data isn't matching.

• Re: UDT
          cvachovecj

Hi,

Could you please provide more details? Or, if you are convinced there's a bug, I suggest opening a support case.

Regards,

Jiri

sonic6t9

Looking through the report

UDT unused reports and sorting by device name,  I find ports thate for say they haven't been used in 5 to whatever amount of days.  But if you go to that device in NPM that particular port you think is unused is actually showing up and up and being used with traffic.

cvachovecj

I have two possible explanations for that:

1. The device connected just a while ago and the report hasn't been updated yet.
                  2. There's a bug .

If you eliminate option 1 then I suggest opening a support case.

Jiri