5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2012 12:57 PM by Fodome

Custom NOC View

jnelson

I'm using ipMonitor 10.6, Build 1567.

I'd like to make a NOC view of certain monitors from different devices, so I can see whats really important to me from around my network all in one place, at one time. I'm not seeing somewhere/someway I can do this. Can anyone help out?

• Re: Custom NOC View
          Fodome

Hello jnelson,

You can query the ipMonitor SOAP interface.  The following page has more:

http://support.ipmonitor.com/devdocs/706bd93851694ff2827c057e930b0dbb.aspx

Alternative, if you are not to good at coding, you could use the Multi-Status view tool to help build an ASPX page that you can host within IIS.  See following page:

http://support.ipmonitor.com/downloads/809c6920a24e4de5be3c67a8ccbf9319.aspx

Sincerely,

Chris Foley • SolarWinds • Technical Support

Office Hours: Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM EST 866.530.8040

explore our IT management solutions for:

networks|applications|storage|virtualization|log & event

jnelson

Thanks for the response Chris. If I am understanding you correctly, this means this is not a native function within my version of ipMonitor? Also, both links you sent state the site is no longer maintained. For what version of ipMonitor we're those articles/tools written?

Thanks,

Joe

jnelson

And the Readme with the Multi-Status tool doesn't say if i can install this on the same machine as ipMonitor. Is that supported?

Fodome

Hi Jnelson,

The tool was originally written for ipMonitor 7/8 however, it should still work for ipMonitor 9/10.  A few things to keep in mind regarding the Multi-Status Viewer:

-It does not know what a Device is, therefore, it will display it as a group.

-It does not have support for multi-tiered grouping, therefore, all groups will appear on the same tier.

-The list of monitors it builds is static.  So if you use a SmartGroup, the monitors listed will be the monitors that were in that Group when the page was built.

Hope this makes sense.

networks|applications|storage|virtualization|log & event

Fodome

...and yes, the Multi-Status Viewer can be installed on the ipMonitor host.  It can be installed on any system that has IIS installed and that can access the ipMonitor web interface over HTTP.

Sincerely,

networks | applications | storage | virtualization | log & event