2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2012 5:09 PM by bluefunelemental

Is it possible to deploy IPAM standard column ordering and size to all users when they first log in?

bluefunelemental

I read several posts eluding to this but nothing I could discern as a way to deploy IPAM standard column ordering and size to all users when they first log in?

For visibility, should I be setting the <IPAMlayout:GridColumn>  to isHidden="true" ?

What about for column ordering?

• Re: Is it possible to deploy IPAM standard column ordering and size to all users when they first log in?
          martin.kunc

Hi bluefunelementa,

I would discourage you from editing aspx files directly, because they apply to all users.

IPAM is storing its user related grid settings into IPAM_Setting table (with Category=2). Each user has json serialised settings in the table per an IPAM grid.

For example Manage Subnets grid looks like:

[{"id":" ","width":32,"visible":true},{"id":"Address","width":120,"visible":true},{"id":"Status","width":66,"visible":true},{"id":"Address (IPv6)","width":120,"visible":false},{"id":"MAC","width":80,"visible":false},{"id":"Scope Name","width":130,"visible":false},{"id":"Lease Remaining","width":151,"visible":false},{"id":"Lease Expiration","width":123,"visible":false},{"id":"Alias","width":120,"visible":false},{"id":"Type","width":86,"visible":false},{"id":"Skip Scan","width":86,"visible":false},{"id":"Hostname","width":163,"visible":true},{"id":"Last Response","width":120,"visible":true},{"id":"Machine Type","width":120,"visible":false},{"id":"Vendor","width":80,"visible":false},{"id":"System Name","width":120,"visible":false},{"id":"System Description","width":120,"visible":true},{"id":"System Location","width":120,"visible":true},{"id":"System Contact","width":120,"visible":true},{"id":"Response Time","width":120,"visible":true},{"id":"Comments","width":120,"visible":true}]

As you can see its a JSON serialised array. Ordering depends on position in the array (first is an ID, then Address, Status, ..)

This way, you can create records per user (for example you can copy them from an existing user setting)

It is possible to setup one user (admin in my case) with specific column widths and ordering in IPAM and then copy these settings to other users:

When you use this query then:

insert into ipam_setting

select 'Guest' as AssignedTo, Category, Name, Value, ValueType  from ipam_setting where AssignedTo='Admin' and Category=2

It will copy Admin column ordering and settings to the specific user settings (into Guest in my case)

Please be carefull, at last make copy of the table before you change anything.

Martin

1 of 1 people found this helpful