12 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2012 12:21 PM by antwesor

IE 8 for XP

russo1203

I do not recall ever seeing the IE 8 Update for XP in the Patch Manager or WSUS consoles. However, now that I would like to use it to deploy IE 8, I cannot find it. I do have it for XP x64, Server 2003 x32 and x64 and for XP with the Language Interface Pack, which shows no machines needing. Is there a way to get this update back? Thank you.

• Re: IE 8 for XP
          antwesor

It could be in the declined updates. Make a view to show you all declined updates to see if you have declined the update. The category for Internet Explorer 8 is Update Rollups if that helps as well.

• Re: IE 8 for XP
              russo1203

Thank you for your input antwesor. Yes, I checked all declined updates and all that is present are the four listed:

XP x64

Server 2003 x32

Server 2003 x64

XP with the Language Interface Pack

I was thinking it may be the latter, but when I approved, all machines showed as non applicable. Is there no way to redownload? I tried to build my own package 2 ways:

1. With the exe as is - once it is unpacked, WUA appears to consider it successful however will not prompt for the reboot.
              2. Using IEAK to convert to an msi - results are the same, once the different processes start running, WUA appears to consider it successful however will not prompt for the reboot.

Any further assistance would be appreciated.