This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Populating interface speeds from custom poller.

FormerMember
FormerMember

Hi All,

We have set up a custompoller and we are collecting the ADSLTransmitRate and ADSLReceiveRate. I would like to use these values to populate the interface OutBandwidth and InBandwidth. Does anyone know the SQL to do this / a better way?

Regards

Tom

• Hi Tom,

If you need to populate this only once, (or run by hand)..

Just backup your database before trying :-)

1) Set interface's CustomBandwidth to '1' (can be done in 'Edit Interface' page). If you don't do this, the Bandwidth will be overwritten with every poll.

2)

UPDATE Interfaces set

InBandwidth = cps.Status

from CustomPollerStatus cps

INNER JOIN CustomPollerAssignment cpa ON cpa.CustomPollerAssignmentID = cps.CustomPollerAssignmentID

INNER JOIN CustomPollers cp ON cp.CustomPollerID = cpa.CustomPollerID

WHERE UniqueName='ADSLReceiveRate' AND cpa.InterfaceID = Interfaces.InterfaceID AND Interfaces.CustomBandwidth = 1

should set ADSLReceiveRate -> InBandwidth.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to Yossarian

Great,

I feel that i am getting close. but it seems that there is no interfaceID in the CustompollerAssignment. they are all listed as 0. Have i set up my customer poller incorrectly?

Regards

Tom

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to Yossarian

update interfaces set

InBandwidth = cps.status

from CustomPollerStatus cps

INNER JOIN CustomPollerAssignment cpa ON cpa.CustomPollerAssignmentID = cps.CustomPollerAssignmentID

inner JOIN CustomPollers cp ON cp.CustomPollerID = cpa.CustomPollerID

inner join Nodes on cpa.NodeID = nodes.NodeID

inner join Interfaces on interfaces.NodeID = nodes.nodeid and interfaces.InterfaceType = 94

WHERE UniqueName='ADSLReceiveRate' and interfaces.InterfaceID=174

I have been using the above to test, i am not going to push it out yet.

• Hi All,

Did you find a way to automate this?  I have 500+ adsl routers to modify :-(

Mark