5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2012 4:49 PM by tdanner

PERL SDK

chertkowrb

I can't tell from the examples, or the documentation. How do you execute the Discoverinterfacesonnode and Addinterfacestonode verbs using the Perl SDK? I don't know if I'm just missing it and it's somewhere obvious.

Can you show an example?

• Re: PERL SDK
          tom.rybka

The Orion SDK 1.5 Perl client doesn't execute the Invoke call correctly. However, please take a look at the thread: SDK 1.5 invoke with Perl ?  It contains a link to a fixed version of the client with the sample script supplemented with a fragment showing its usage.

Hope this helps.

chertkowrb

Hey Tom,

Thanks for the info. I went to that page previously, and I had downloaded it (But I did re-download it, to be certain.)

In the sample, I do see an invoke operation for Unmanage (which I'll need later) But is there an example of a DiscoverInterfacesOnNode and AddInterfacesToNode somewhere? I don't see it in the zip that was attached, nor in any other doc I can find.

WildBuzz

Hi,

Here is what I use :  my $interfacesIdResult = $swis->Invoke("Orion.NPM.Interfaces", "DiscoverInterfacesOnNode", [$nodeID]);

But, there is a 60 seconds timeout, hardcoded. I'm unable to test the result of that, but calling it this way should work.

chertkowrb

Hey, thanks for this example.

When I used it, I got the following error:

2012-08-03 16:42:19,005 [215] ERROR SolarWinds.InformationService.Core.InformationService - Exception caught in method Invoke

SolarWinds.InformationService.Verb.VerbExecutorException: Verb Orion.NPM.Interfaces.DiscoverInterfacesOnNode: Not found

This would lead me to believe that somehow it's the older version of the API that doesn't have this new Discover feature. But when I run the same command inside of the SWQL studio, it works fine, so I know that the backend is the correct version.

Anyone have any ideas why I'd get this? I also carefully updated the pm to the updated version, so that should also be fine there...