This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

User Details > Possible Bug in Manager/Assistant Name

I'm going to start with a ramble, and my question is at the end for feedback.

We finally got all the bugs worked out of our Domain Controller group policy so that we are getting all the logins as required.  Turns out the DC's weren't didn't have the same membership for everthing, so that's egg on my face an a HUGE apology to the SW Support team for my bull-headed nature.

Regardless, we're now seeing, what I'd classify as an "anomaly."  All of our "Display Names" in Active Directory are in the form of "Last Name, First Name Initial."  This works pretty well, but I'm seeing something that looks kind of out of place.

If I enumerate the User details for someone, under "Manager" (and I would guess the Assistant field as well), is showing up as "Last Name\"  I'm making the guess that this is because of parsing out the comma though I'd hate to assume too much about the way that Active Directory is queried by the Orion Suite.  I'd probably classify this as a "bug," but it's not crazy serious.

My question is this: can anyone confirm that they are also seeing this?

UDT_UserDetails.jpg

Secondly, I'd love it if there were two feature enhancements:

1)     Can you please add the "real" Display Name?  Display Name as it is seen above is actually the Domain + sAMAccountName.

2)     Any chance that you can make the Manager & Assistant name fields as URL's which would link to that user's information?

If I've posted to an incorrect place, let me know!

Thanks,

--KMSigma

• Hi KMSigma,

I encourage you to enter your two feature enhancements to the Ideas & Feature Requests space for UDT.

Let's see whether someone else replies about the backslash issue; if not, I'll ask within SWI.

Regards,

Jiri

• KMSigma wrote:

We finally got all the bugs worked out of our Domain Controller group policy so that we are getting all the logins as required.  Turns out the DC's weren't didn't have the same membership for everthing, so that's egg on my face an a HUGE apology to the SW Support team for my bull-headed nature.

Hi KMSigma,

Did you have a support ticket open for this issue?  If so, can you provide the ticket number please?

Thanks,

Steve

• Steve:

The Solarwinds Case Number was 349202 and it was remedied using the information from this link:

SolarWinds Knowledge Base :: UDT Not Receiving User Data from Domain Controllers

I made the assumption (wrongly) that all of our domain controllers were within the same Group Policy that controlled the settings outlines in the link.  I got the new owners of our Active Directory Infrastructure to make this adjustment to remedy that.

Jiri:

I'm headed over to the Ideas & Features to add my two requests.  I don't think that they are too difficult, but it would be very helpful to have "Display Name" show up as the actual Active Directory Display Name.

Thanks for keeping me honest!

--KMSigma