2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2012 1:30 PM by rharland2012

Syslog service won't stay started despite port change, etc.

rharland2012

Installed NPM on a new server, migrated DB over, etc. Working well with the exception of Syslog Service (and SNMP traps, too - but I'm tackling one at a time).

Thanks to all the posts here, I've seen that many folks have encountered challenges with battling syslog services from other apps, etc.

However, even if I change the .config file for Syslog Service and restart, I get an error state and stop.

For example, below is the result when I changed the syslog port to 8888, since I was able to verify that the server was not listening on that port.

Port 8888 on IP Address 0.0.0.0 is already open. Change the 'LocalIPAddress' parameter in the configuration file to another IP address or port

Okay, good enough. I'll double-check and change the address field to reflect the actual IP of the box.

Port 8888 on IP Address 10.64.10.205 is already open. Change the 'LocalIPAddress' parameter in the configuration file to another IP address or port

Am I missing something here?

Service is configured as Local System, but I've also checked with local admin as assigned user - same result.

Thanks in advance!

Russ