This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How to write traffic history report for last x number of days/months giving time 06:00 to 22:00 per day and not 24 hours

Dear Sir,

I am using below product:

PackageOrion NPM v10 SLX
Version2010.1.0
ReleaseOrion 2010.1.0 April 2010

It has various inbuilt reports. I can tuned them as per my requirement. For example "Average and Peak Traffic Rates-Last X number of days/months" is an inbuilt report where it takes default time as 24 hours per day. But I want to calculate Average and Peak Traffic Rates-Last X number of days/months taking time between 06:00 to 22:00 and not complete 24 hours per day. How to achieve this. What i have done is in Report Designer of the concerned report there is Filter Results tab. Under it i have added one condition "Records Where Time of the day(24 Hour Format) is greater than or equal to 6" and one more condition "Records Where Time of the day(24 Hour Format) is less than or equal to 22" for selecting time range of 06:00 to 22:00 per day instead of 24 hours default. But It is not giving me the correct result. It says "No activity to report" in the orion console but it generate some preview in the report designer preview button.

What could be the problem

Is the condition specified for the 06:00-22:00 time range is correct in the Filter Results tab of the report designer?

How to verify that it is indeed the data in the 06:00-22:00 range.(Although i am not getting the data in first place).

What is the general syntax for X to Y time range per day and not 24 hours for generating report for last N number of days/months/year.

Thanks

Ronit

ScreenShot020.bmp

• Try getting rid of the colons where you specified time so that instead of 07:00  you have 0700.  Or you can use "Hour of Day" and simply use 7 and 22 to specify times.  I also normally separate the time portion of my filters with a separate complex condition.

• Thank you for your reply sir. But It is not giving me the correct result. It says "No activity to report" in the orion console but it generate some preview in the report designer preview button. Also then what is the difference between Hour of Day(24 Hour Format) and Time of Day(24 Hour Format). I am unable to understand these two parameters to filter the output of a report. When to use what parameter?

Thanks

Ronit

• From Report Writer go to the "General" tab for that report and uncheck the "Group historical Data by days" box.

• Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it but still get the same lack of output when I run on the website. In Report Writer I get data, just online report is the issue. Below are some screen shots. Any help would be much welcomed.

config.gif

error.gif

• working.gif
    Well it looks like I found my own answer. Not a logical solution but on a whim I changed the view from Landscape to Portrait after making the change you suggested and saved. Whoo Hooo I have data in the web view. Now i have to work on cleaning it up a bit but this is a huge step. Thx.