4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2012 9:23 AM by tecnofont

How can I do an NPM downgrade?

tecnofont

I need to do a downgrade of NPM 10.3 to NPM 10.1.

The situation is that, this week all the services of my server fall down and the only solution that works was to intall the NPM 10.3.

One of the services that fall down was the database management and SQL service.

The case is that I need some graph charts that was in the Network Performance Monitor server console, but I see that in this version it disappear. In review page I found that the funcionality of this console vas transfered to the web console, but it don't have any of the charts that I need or they can't be modified.

• Re: How can I do an NPM downgrade?
          byrona

Have you tried working with SolarWinds Support to get the problems resolved on the new version and see if you can get the data you need there?  In my experience they should be able to solve any issues you are having and all of the information that was available in the older versions is still available in the newer versions, you may just need a different method to get it.

tecnofont

I also ask to the SolarWinds Support to get help, but they can't help me in the moment.

They said me that they going to get a lab enviroment to my case, but my problem is that my boss want a quick answer.

byrona

If the newer version is working and stable then I would stick with it.  Instead of downgrading we could try and get you the data you need on the newer version because at some point you will likely want/need to move forward to the newer version anyway.

What data is it that you were accessing before that you can't get now? 

tecnofont

The data that I were accessing in the previous version are charts as:

>Average response time of all nodes

>Total Bytes transfered over entire network

>Network wide percent utilization

Also other charts especific for each interfase of each node.

Some of this charts I can find in the new version, but I can't custom the format that are show to me. All are in colums format and I need some in area format, line format, dots format and other format.

Also I need to custom the Y axis for some of them.

This is one that I need:

Graf_2.bmp