8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2012 4:24 PM by bluefunelemental

dns resolution

plagerism

Is there anyway of troubleshooting dns resolution?  As it stands it appears to be speratic.

Here is the license information:

Module Name

User Device Tracker
      Version2.0.0
      Service PackNone
      LicenseProduction
      Allowed number of monitored ports25000
      Current number of monitored ports17961

I have only implemented this in the last couple of days, so its very new.

• Re: dns resolution
          plagerism

It appears that only 1026 ips have been resolved of over 4110.

• Re: dns resolution
            plagerism

After some further investigation I found a whole heap of the following segfaults in the UDT.BusinessLayer log.  The exact cause is unknown and it doesnt happen to every node every time and some more often than others.

2012-07-17 09:39:21,373 [ 63] ERROR   -   Error while processing job 'N:499|DNS' (da71a0f4-f64c-4f1b-b10b-aab84e818a91)   [SolarWinds.UDT.BusinessLayer.Polling.UDTDnsResultProcessor]

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

at SolarWinds.UDT.BusinessLayer.ExtensionMethods.ToIPHostEntry(UDTDnsJobResult result)

at SolarWinds.UDT.BusinessLayer.Polling.UDTDnsResultProcessor.<DoProcessing>b__d(UDTDnsJobResult entry)

at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext()

at System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source)

at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)

at SolarWinds.UDT.BusinessLayer.Polling.UDTDnsResultProcessor.DoProcessing(UDTJobResult jobResult)

at SolarWinds.UDT.BusinessLayer.Polling.UDTJobResultProcessorBase.Process(UDTJobResult jobResult)

I have a ticket open for this now, I was just wondering if anyone has experienced similar issues.