Are you running any additional modules? Are you looking to migrate your NPM installation from one physical server to another, or will you be upgrading the OS in place?
Looking to Migrate from 1 physical server ( windows 2003 ) to another physical server ( windows 2008 R2)
Here's the path you want to take:
- Back up your existing server & database.
- Upgrade your existing server to the latest versions of all the software you're running (NPM + modules).
- Run the license manager on the existing system (All Programs > SolarWinds > License Manager) and release the licenses for all software.
- Shut down the SolarWinds processes on the existing server (All Programs > SolarWinds Orion > Advanced > Orion Service Manager).
- Back up your database again (keeping both copies).
- Install the latest versions of all the software you're running (NPM + modules) on the new servers. During the install process, point to the existing database server (you'll need the SolarWinds database name, username, and password).
- License all software using the activation keys from the customer portal on solarwinds.com (if it didn't prompt you on install).
- Log into your new server to make sure it's working.
- If all is well, save your old database backup and turn off your existing system.
What version is your database server? 9.5 and beyond won't support 2000 AFAIK.