3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2012 2:32 PM by michalB

Toolset Changes in 10.8

jainsworth

I upgraded my Engineer's Edition from 10.6 to 10.8 about a week ago and found the Classic Tools that I rely on, like SNMP Sweep and Switchport Mapper now have the look of the Workspace rather than the more familiar look.  Is there any way to revert to that look?  I prefered the word wrapping in the cells in the old look.   Additionally, I have not found a way to keep multiple SNMP strings in the SNMP Sweep classic tool after closing it down.  I have added them for use by all tools, but have to go into the Gadget settings each time I want to scan a network.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

• Re: Toolset Changes in 10.8
          michalB

The classic SNMP Sweep has been deprecated and replaced with the SNMP Sweep gadget from Workspace Studio. For the convenience, we have added an executable that replaced the classic SNMP Sweep and launches the detached gadget instead. The deprecated SNMP Sweep is still being installed with Toolset, but it is not in the start menu anymore. You can find the executable in the installation folder, named Deprecated_SNMPSweep.exe.

As for not remembering the community strings, this appears to be a bug. I have opened an internal ticket for this. Thank you for reporting the issue.

• Re: Toolset Changes in 10.8
              jainsworth

Thanks for the response and identifying this as a bug.  I look forward to the fix.  I understand your reasoning for deprecating SNMP Sweep, but if you are keeping score, the old look and functionality worked well.  The Description word wrapped nicely in the row, and the horizontal lines between columns made it easier to see the columns.  Being able to change the skin would be great, not sure if it fits in with the studio well though.