This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

WSUS Computer Group Targeting

FormerMember
FormerMember

First off, I hope I have popsted correctly. I just visited the EW site and was directed here. If not I apologize and please correct me. Thanks.

I am currently using Clinet Side Targeting via GPO in my environment. With sites all over the worrld and the fact taht we will be deploying a lot of different apps to different locations, I would like more granular control of the group memberships. So, I would lik eto go to Server Side Targeting. My question is, will changing this in the console be enough? Does the GPO have to be dited/removed first? Thanks again.

• Greetings Jeff.

You're in exactly the right place.

In addition to changing the Options | Computers value to "Use the console..", you will also need to DISABLE the GPO setting for Use client-side targeting, so that the clients will query the WSUS server for their group membership assignments. With the policy setting enabled, they will ignore anything you do in the console.