16 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2013 1:33 PM by tdanner

How can I be sure I'm querying SWISv3 ?

WildBuzz

I'm trying to use the Orion.NPM.Interfaces DiscoverInterfacesOnNode verb, but I get the message: "Verb Orion.NPM.Interfaces.DiscoverInterfacesOnNode: Not found".

As I looked through my server, I examined the log files for InformationService in ProgramData\Solarwinds\InformationService, and my request is appearing in Orion.InformationService.log of the v2.0 directory instead of the v3.0 one.

So, I'm wondering if my request is talking to the right version of SWIS.

I'm using Perl:

my $endpoint = "https://$hostname:17778/SolarWinds/InformationService/OrionBasic";

my $interfacesIdResult = $swis->Invoke("Orion.NPM.Interfaces", "DiscoverInterfacesOnNode", [$nodeId]);

In the ProgramData\Solarwinds\InformationService\v2.0\Orion.InformationService.log file :

2012-07-06 13:54:59,699 [155] ERROR SolarWinds.InformationService.Core.InformationService - Exception caught in method Invoke

SolarWinds.InformationService.Verb.VerbExecutorException: Verb Orion.NPM.Interfaces.DiscoverInterfacesOnNode: Not found

at SolarWinds.InformationService.Verb.VerbCache.GetVerbContext(String entity, String verb, VerbExecutor& executor, VerbExecutorContext& context)

at SolarWinds.InformationService.Core.InformationService.Invoke(String entity, String verb, XmlElement[] parameters)

I'm using a freshly installed 10.3 version of Orion NPM on my server.

And, the SDK v1.5 on my workstation with Perl.

Is there something I missed, somewhere ?

Thanks,

Martin