1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 19, 2015 8:39 AM by vjerez4129

Network Atlas Features and such...

dclick

, I am starting to use Network Atlas after a couple of years of running NPM.  the ConnectNow feature helps alot, but I do have a question.

when I use the feature, it does a pretty good job of connecting objects, but the connections are all the same - meaning, I apparently have to manually modify the "line" between nodes to show a difference.

Let me try to elaborate -

Lets say we have 6 nodes on a map. 4 nodes are connected via 10Gig links, 1 node by a 1Gig link, and the last node is a T1.  When I drop all these on the map, use the ConnectNow and get them connected, they all have similar line properties.

Maybe I missed something someplace, but I would like to see that the 10 gig lines have a thicker line weight (say 5) the 1g have 3, and serial connections are at 1.  I also change the default colors - so, for example, 10g are Orange (I would use Yellow, but thats hard to see) 1G would be blue, and serial are black.

My question is this - Is there someplace in Network Atlas I can set this as a DEFAULT?  so whenever a node is added, NA always knows that 10g links are orange and a thiker line than a 1g?

• Re: Network Atlas Features and such...
          vjerez4129

not sure if this helps, because i'm pretty new with this NPM and Network Atlas, but i stumbled across this:

Capture.PNG

On the bottom left at least on my screen, if you check include link labels and show link speed it'll auto populate the speed and color in the different connections. Hope I helped out in some way ^^