3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2012 1:18 PM by njoylif

Update Custom Properties - External Database

AlexLima

Hello, I wonder if anyone has managed to update the Custom Properties node of seeking information from an external database. I need to update the information of approximately 1,000 nodes, but do not want to do it manually. Is there a way to automate this task? Thank you.

Alex

• Re: Update Custom Properties - External Database
          njoylif

give more specific example of what you need to accomplish...not clear.  Definitely possible through DB jobs (need appropriate access to databases to create jobs).

need to know what the primary key (i.e what UNIQUE field ties the two Database/tables together), etc..

AlexLima

Hi,

I have 10 Custom Properties in my Data Base. I want update information in the custom properties for 2.000 nodes, but I think that automatic is the best pratice. Is it possible?

njoylif

absolutely possible.  you need to have a unique field in each DB to "tie" them together.  see example below.

if you don't feel comfortable sharing here, private message me and I'll work with you to help as much as I can.

remember:  before doing any back end database work, ALWAYS BACK UP your databases.

DB1_table1:

column_a          column_b

1.1.1.1               yes

2.2.2.2               no

DB2_table1:

column_a          column_b

host1               1.1.1.1

host2               2.2.2.2

you would join the two tables based on the common UNIQUE column in each table (ip addresses)

2 of 2 people found this helpful