2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2013 3:47 AM by sarahhale

Wake On Lan Installation - Duplicate Programs Entry

thatley

Hi,

We've been using free Solar Winds WOL for a few months now and its a great little product and works a treat.  The only thing that I'm confused about and our end users complain about is that when installed, it shows two identical entries in the start, programs list of Windows 7.  All the shortcuts work ok, but wondering if this is normal behaviour, or has anyone reported it before?

Also, when you uninstall the program it doesn't remove those shortcuts or folders.

I know this is a free product, but was wondering whether an updated or fixed version will be available soon?

Many thanks,

Trevor Hatley

• Re: Wake On Lan Installation - Duplicate Programs Entry
          SteveSW

Trevor,

It is not normal behavior but it is happening consistently. Though yours is the first complaint we have registered in our system about this. It is a bug. We currently don't have it in our road map to put out a new release of the WOL free tool very soon but let me get this in front of our planning team so that it can be considered for a future release.

I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for letting us know about this.

--

Steve

• Re: Wake On Lan Installation - Duplicate Programs Entry
              sarahhale

Hi Steve,

I'm really hoping you can help me.  I've been asked to find out whether Wake On Lan is free for commercial use.  I emailed solarwinds customer services who pointed me in the direction of Thwack.  I've been unable to find an answer so far.

I would be grateful if you could either let me know whether Wake On Lan is free for commercial use or point me in the right direction of who to ask?

Regards

Sarah