This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Configured Alerts will Remain after migration?

Hi all,

I have Solarwinds Orion NPM 9.1 SP3. I configured more than 50 Alerts for Firewall,ISP Link,Disk Space. I installed Both NPM Application and Database on single server. Now i want to migrate both App and DB to another Server. After migration,Alert configurations will remain or not? which things i need to do after migration.

• at least in the 10.x (and latest versions) there is a table in the database for AlertDefinitions and AlertActions.  Verify they exist in your 9.x implementation and see what is in them.  These should be safe during upgrades.

Before doing any upgrade, I recommend you do a full backup of your database prior to upgrade.  Run your upgrade on the primary NPM engine and get in to see if the alerts/actions are there as they should be.

I did not have any issues when I did my upgrade from 9.x to 10.x that I recall.