This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

ndexes with fragmentation over 90% found during DB maintenance.

FormerMember
FormerMember

Is there a way to make this an alert so I actually see the message vs accidentally seeing it in the events?

• Yes, there is a way:

"To enable automatic index defragmentation on the SQL Server hosting your SolarWinds

database:

1. Using SQL Server Management Studio, log in to your SQL Server using an account with sysadmin

privileges.

2. On your SQL Server, open SQL Server Management Studio (click Start > All Programs >

Microsoft SQL Server > SQL Server Management Studio).

3. Using an account with the sysadminrole, log in to the SQL Server instance hosting your SolarWinds

database.

4. Click + to expand Databases > YourSolarWindsDatabase > Tables.

5. Click New Query.

6. Enter the following query in the query field:

UPDATE dbo.Settings SET CurrentValue = 1 WHERE SettingID LIKE 'dbm-defragmentation-enabled%'

7. Click Execute."

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to Krisz21

I already sent our DBA's the directions.  I want an alert for this.  It's critical to performance and should be more than just an event.  THanks though