This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

3rd Party Updates failing as not applicable

Hi All,

When deploying 3rd party patches we receive the following error. The packages are published to the local update server with no errors but I can see the ID is as follows

ID:    00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000

Details: Update not applicable. Unable to find the Update by ID to perform the requested operation. The update may not be applicable for the selected computer Result Code: 0x80240003

• Can you please let us know:

1. 1.       Your availability for a Go To Meeting?
    2. 2.       If all packages are failing? If not, which one(s) is/are?
    3. 3.       Is it a custom package or one from the 3rd Party Updates Pack?
    4. 4.       Does the target machine meet the Pre-Req and Applicability rules for inclusion?
  • Hi Tonya,

Thank you for your response. These are the Adobe Packages, in particular the Adobe Flash Player 10.1.53.64 for IE (Upgrade) . The target machines have the Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX and Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin installed, both version 10.0.32.18. Should I be publishing the Adobe Flash Player 10.1.53.64 for IE instead?

-Sabine

• Hi Sabine,

Having both Flash Active X and Flash Plugin installed on the same box should not hinder the ability of using the Flash (Upgrade) package.  My suggestion would be to resolve the Flash (Upgrade) package issue – the package ID should not be all ‘0’, for instance.  To get a better understanding of what is going on, it would benefit us to look at the box where this is occurring.

Please let us know your availability.

• Hi,

I got problem whit applicable 3rdP. updates, I try install mozilla, quick time, etc. , client machines find it, downlowd it and try to instal it, but give me error code 800b0109,

you have some ideas ? waht do i wrong ?

when you needed, I can send the WindowsUpdate.log 

thx

Nik

• Please check this video out to make sure you have provisioned your environment to enable 3rd Party Updates...

https://www.eminentware.com/cs2008/media/p/405.aspx

Note: The originally linked video is no longer available. These procedures are covered in the Patch Manager Administrator Guide.

• I did all steps according with presentation video, but on my wsus server (same server as EWare) were aplied all 3rd party appz well, with no errors. I did verified certifications for server publishing setup, server publishing verification and client publis. setup, thats looks well, no errors, but when I look into the task hisrory at the client certificate managment for computers in wsus group, is status faild:

Example 1:
    Client Certificate Management
    Object: CN=WSUS Publishers Self-signed

Details: Attempt to connect to User-nb failed.
    The following attempts were made:

ARP Resolution result: Yes
    DNS Resolution result: Yes
    NETBIOS Name Resolution: Yes
    MS Endpoint Mapper: Yes
    WMI Connection: No
    Access Denied . Unable to connect using account WIN-0286N8TGJ7O\administrator
    EminentWare Provider Connection: No
    Access Denied . Unable to connect using account WIN-0286N8TGJ7O\administrator
    File and Print Sharing Ports: Yes

Successfully connected to direct hosting NetBIOS over TCP-IP port 445 which is required for 'File and Print Sharing'

Exaple 2:
    Client Certificate Management
    Object: CN=WSUS Publishers Self-signed

Details: Attempt to connect to user-pc failed.
    The following attempts were made:

ARP Resolution result: No
    DNS Resolution result: Yes
    NETBIOS Name Resolution: Yes
    MS Endpoint Mapper: No
    WMI Connection: No

EminentWare Provider Connection: No

File and Print Sharing Ports: No
    Unable to connect to the NetBIOS (139) or NetBIOS over TCP/IP direct hosting (445) ports on user-pc and provisioning of the EminentWare provider requires the 'File and Print Sharing' exception to be enabled.

where i do mistakes ? or what am I doing wrong ? emoticons_happy.png

thx for you're help

• or I need to enable on all clients 'File and Print Sharing' ?

• Please send us an email with your available times for a GoTo Meeting so we can have a look at this.

Thanks.

• Couple of issues I am seeing.

First ,please contact us as Sean suggested so we can setup a online meeting.

You are getting an access denied on one of the machines when you try to connect. It looks like you are using the built-in administrator, so this should work. Not sure why it is not working.

In the second example, you are not getting a connection to the endpoint mapper. If you have a firewall enabled on that machine, it will often block that traffic. If you are using the Windows Firewall, enable the Remote Administration exception.

You can do this several ways, one is to go to the command line and type: netsh firewall set service remoteadmin enable