0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2012 3:37 PM by SolarWinds Community Team

Java update not applying

SolarWinds Community Team

Testing Java updates 6 u21 to 6 u32.  I have two machines which are simillar, other than one being virtual and one physical.  The physical box is older and has existed on the domain for some time (and has had previous java installs), and the virtual is a fresh build.  Both are XP SP 3 x86 installs and I installed Java 6 u21 fresh from oracle’s website.

When trying to apply the Java Runtime Environment 6u32 (x86) (Upgrade) the older machine installed the update ok but the virtual originally returned the error below.

“Update not applicable. Unable to find the Update by ID to perform the requested operation. The update may not be applicable for the selected computer Result Code: 0x80240003”

Ran all the repair options using the Windows Update Agent Maintenance and Repair agent and the update now returns the Success code below.

“There are no updates that match the rules criteria.”

If I manually check all the prerequisite rules, applicability rules, and installed rules for this package, on the virtual machine, I see all the correct options which should allow the package to install.

How can I more specifically troubleshoot why EminentWare thinks this second machine does not need this update?

Thanks.