This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Third Party Updates Configuration Wizard Fails

We just upgraded to the lastest version of SolarWinds Patch Manager (1.72.218.2) so that we could take advantage of the 3rd Party Updates Pack which, per communications from SolarWinds, we are now entitled. The upgrade went fine and when I select View Product Licensing from the console I can see that we are indeed licensed for the Third Party Update Pack. However, when I run the Third Party Updates Configuration Wizard I'm getting errors stating that the vendor catalogs cound not be downloaded because access is denied. Here is the detail I get from the failed update synchronization:

Name:    EminentWare Update Catalog
Result:    Failed
Started:    2/23/2012 10:32:14 AM
Finished:    2/23/2012 10:32:31 AM
Type:    Manual
Message:    Although the catalog (EminentWare Update Catalog) was successfully downloaded, the catalog could not be read. Reason: Access is denied Stack Trace: at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.UtilClassFactory.CreateInstance(Type type, Object[] args) at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.SetupInfo.GetInstallDirectory() at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Administration.Internal.UpdateServicesPackage.Verify(String packageFile) at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Administration.Internal.UpdateServicesPackage.Save(String packageFile) at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Administration.Internal.UpdateServicesPackage.Verify() at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Administration.Internal.UpdateServicesPackage..ctor(IXPathNavigable sdpNavigator, Boolean validateXml) at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Administration.SoftwareDistributionPackage..ctor(IXPathNavigable sdpNode) at EminentWare.BusinessObjectLayer.SoftwarePackage.Catalog.Read(String fqpathtofile) at EminentWare.DataGridServer.Executive.DownloadManager.ProcessCatalog(DownloadRequest downloadrequest, EminentWareUpdateSynchronizationSettings settings, SortedList`2 incomingvendors)
New Updates:    0
Revised Updates:    0
ID:    a5bff589-de88-4822-ae92-f8fa0c006707
Expired Updates:    0
New Security Updates:    0
New Critical Updates:    0
Expired Security Updates:    0
Expired Critical Updates:    0
Revised Security Updates:    0
Revised Critical Updates:    0
Products with Security Updates:   
Products with Critical Updates:   
Has Changes:    False

Any ideas as to why this might be happening?

Thanks,

Patrick