This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

insufficient disk space in filegroup 'PRIMARY'

I get this error when trying to do any task does anyone know to to resolve this?

***Full Error***

Exception occurred at 11/9/2011 3:11:17 PM: Source: Application Server (EWTST)

Reason: The Configuration Management Task failed to create the task transactions in the task results table. Reason: Could not allocate a new page for database 'EminentWare' because of insufficient disk space in filegroup 'PRIMARY'. Create the necessary space by dropping objects in the filegroup, adding additional files to the filegroup, or setting autogrowth on for existing files in the filegroup.

Stack Trace:    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlBulkCopy.WriteToServerInternal()

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlBulkCopy.WriteRowSourceToServer(Int32 columnCount)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlBulkCopy.WriteToServer(DataTable table, DataRowState rowState)

at EminentWare.Core.Server.Jobs.HelperUtilities.InitializeConfigurationManagementTransactionsRecords(TaskBase task, ScopesContainer scopes)

at EminentWare.Core.Server.Jobs.ApplicationServerJobOrchestrator.ManufactureJobs()

Object: Upload Transactions Failed

Object Type: scope

***END***

• Hi cteague,

What version of SQL are you running for the EminentWare database?  If it is the one that is installed by default with the product (SQL Server 2005 Express), there is a limit of 4GB for the database.  it is possible that you are hitting that limit.  Another possibility is disk space could be full on the drive where the database resides.

If the latter is not true, you might want to look under Program Files\EminentWare\Server database to see how large the database is.   If it is at or near 4GB and you are running SQL Server 2005 Express, we can send you instructions on how to update your version of SQL to SQL Server 2008R2 Express (which is a no cost option) which raises the limit to 10GB.  Just let us know if you need those instructions at customersupport@eminentware.com

Alternatively, of course, one could opt to upgrade to a full version of SQL that does not have limits.

-Kelly

• Thanks for your promp reply Kelly. I am using the SQL Server 2005 Express that comes with the trial edition but I didn't know the location of the database until your reply. It is at 4GB please send me the document on the upgrade to SQL Server 2008R2 Express to cteague@ouc.com. After testing I will install on our enterprise server DB.

Thanks

Cyril