This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Install WSUS Extension pack on WSUS Server

I am in the process of installing the WSUS extension pack and would like to know if it can set up on an WSUS server running Windows 2008 R2; and if so, are there any issues or conflicts I should be aware of. I looked at various documentation on the website and could not find minimum hardware configurations or whether the extension pack can be installed on a WSUS server. If there is a best practice document could you please direct me how to obtain it. Thanks.

Barry

• 2008 R2 is the recommended platform. No issues or conflicts. The Quick Start Guide lists minimum and recommended system requirements. Please also review the Deployment Guide when considering collocation. Also, if you collocate on a UAC enabled machine you will need to either disable it or supply “the” local administrator account in the credential ring for the credential used to authenticate to WSUS. One more note: If you plan to manage more than a few hundred client machines I would consider a dedicated system. However, it really depends on your intended use of the EminentWare features. If you have questions please do not hesitate to contact us at Customer Support.

-Sean

• Since this reply was originally written, we have provided an update for v1.72 systems that handles the UAC issues on co-located systems. With the update you can now use other privileged local or domain accounts. The update is available in the Customer Portal.