3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2012 2:15 PM by SolarWinds Community Team

Packageboot log files?

SolarWinds Community Team

I recently copied the Java 6 Update 26 (x86 upgrade) package and modified the packageboot.xml file to run 2 .exe's after installation - one .exe is present in a file path on the system, the other .exe I have included with the package.

The java update appears to install but the 2 .exe's are not running as evidenced by the fact that the setting and reg entries that they are supposed to modify respectively are not being updated.

Is there a specific log file I can check to see what might be happening and what the packageboot.exe program is doing once it hits these 2 executable lines in the packageboot.xml file?

Here is the post-execution XML section in our file:

-<postexecution>

-<programs>

<program type="exe"typeaction="runandwait"name="ssvagent.exe"pathtype="simplepath"path="%programfiles%\Java\jre\bin"successcode="0"failureaction="stop"enabled="true"> -high -jpisetup -old </program>

<program type="exe"typeaction="runandwait"name="java_update.exe"successcode="0"failureaction="stop"enabled="true"> </program>

</programs>

-<services>

<service name="someservice"action="start"failureaction="continue"enabled="false"/>

</services>

</postexecution>