2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2012 1:29 PM by SolarWinds Community Team

Report on 'Not Applicable' Updates

SolarWinds Community Team

How do I run a report showing the status of ALL updates for each computer, including updates determined to be 'not applicable'.

Currently, I'm running the Computer Update Status report, but I don't see many of the 3rd party updates (Adobe Reader 9.1.2 for example) in the report.  I believe this is because these updates are not applicable (i.e. Adobe Reader is not installed, so Adobe Reader 9.1.2 is not applicable, so it doesn't show up in the report).

I'd like to see the status of every single update that WSUS/Eminentware is aware of: Applicable or not, Installed or not, and Approved or not.

• Re: Report on 'Not Applicable' Updates

We only get applicable updates. If we pulled in all updates regardless of approval you would have (5000 updates per computer) x (number of computer records) = very large number.

If you would like to look at the 3rd party update status for each computer the place you want to do this from is the WSUS Server Update View instead of the reporting.

Selecting the Update and then the Computer Summary tab will show you the status for all computers for that update.

• Re: Report on 'Not Applicable' Updates

After further investigation, I don't see Adobe Reader updates listed in the Computer Update Status report at all.  Other 3rd party updates (Mozilla Firefox, Quicktime, WinZip) do appear in this report, so I don't understand why the Adobe updates don't appear.  They don't show up in the report regardless of if they are approved or not or installed or not.

The Adobe updates do appear to work as expected on client systems (they download and install as expected when they are approved).

(If it matters, I am using the the sample 3rd party updates pack.  We have not deployed our full production system yet - I'm testing prior to rollout)