1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 14, 2012 11:31 AM by SolarWinds Community Team

Updates failing

SolarWinds Community Team

I recently configured four new serverswith Windows Server 2008 (using the same image). Two are Dell servers and two are HP servers. Two of the servers update fine but the other two do not. BTW, it is one each Dell and HP that fail.

I get the following error:

Details: Attempt to connect to (a server).
      The following attempts were made:

ARP Resolution result: Yes
      DNS Resolution result: Yes
      NETBIOS Name Resolution: Yes
      MS Endpoint Mapper: Yes
      WMI Connection: No

The RPC server is unavailable
      COM Exception: Error Code: 0x800706BA . Unable to connect using account (an admin account).
      EminentWare Provider Connection: No

The RPC server is unavailable
      COM Exception: Error Code: 0x800706BA . Unable to connect using account (an admin account).
      File and Print Sharing Ports: Yes

I have compared running services on one of the good servers but there doesn't seem to be an issue there. I have tried some of the solutions I have found via Google searches but none have resolved the issue.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks,  Dave

• Re: Updates failing
          SolarWinds Community Team

Do you have a firewall on that machine?

Is the 'Allow Remote Administration' enabled.

If you have Windows FIrewall, please run the following on the target...

netsh firewall set service remoteadmin enable

If that isnt the problem, please check to see if DCOM is enabled on the target

Run dcomcnfg, navigate to My Computer node, select Properties and see if DCOM is enabled.

If neither of these are the issue, please send us a email to customersupport@eminentware.com with your availability and we will schedule a online meeting