This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Data Grid Server won't start due to systemerror 1069

I had to change the password for the systemaccount.

Following these steps:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Stop the EminentWare Server Service from the Service Control Manager (SCM) or by using the command line 'net stop ewdgs'

2) Open the registry editor and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EminentWare\Data Grid Service\Roles\Application\Data

3) Clear out the value data in the 'MEKey' and 'MPKey' values - but do not delete these values.  If you have done this correctly, you should see the two values and the 'Data' column should read '(value not set)'.

4) Go back to the SCM and change the password for the service account (if you have not already).

5) Restart the EminentWare Server Service in the SCM or by using the command line 'net start ewdgs'

6) Restart the console.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

which jmarchesini wrote in an earlier post this finally resulted in not being able to start at all!

Message after starteing the service: "The srvice can't be started due to loginfailure"

Message appears on commandline and console.

How can i fixe this.

• I am assuming you mean you want to change the password for the ewdgssvc-xxxxx account, correct?

I am assuming you stopped the service and then went to User Management and changed the password.

Once you changed that, you entered the new password in the SCM.

I am assuming you also followed John's instructions and cleared out those registry values.

Once you had done all that, you attempted a restart and the logon failure occurred?

My guess is you either put in the wrong value for the password in the SCM or the account does NOT have the 'Logon as service' user right?

Could that be the case?

• Yes i did change the password of the service accountafter stopping the service.

I followed John's instructions.

However, this part:

"3) Clear out the value data in the 'MEKey' and 'MPKey' values - but do not delete these values.  If you have done this correctly, you should see the two values and the 'Data' column should read '(value not set)'."

still isn't clear to me; the values of MEKey and MPKey are not set (now). What did he meant by "clearing but not deleting the values" ??

• It means the values shouldn't be deleted, just cleared. The value should be there just not set.

If you are getting a logon failure when you try to start the service, that is probably not the problem.

• I have run into this problem after updating to Server 2003 Service Pack 2.  I have followed the above post and still am unable to get the Data Grid Server service started.  Is there anything else I should look at?

Jeff

• Hi Jeff,

please send a email to Customer Support with your availability and we will schedule a online meeting.