This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How to supersede 3rd party apps.

Is it possible to setup a 3rd party update to supersede a previous 3rd party update.

For example I created a 3rd party update for Jave 6 Update 17.  Then a week or so later I created a 3rd party update for Java 6 update 18. 

Then when one of our laptops connects with a Java 6 version less than 17 it ran both updates instead of just doing the 18 update.

If there is a better way of handling this let me know.

Thanks

Jeff

• Hi Jeff,

First off, we don't have supersedence rules for 3rd Party Updates in 004 - this functionality will be offered in our upcoming 005 release.

In the meantime, you could delete or expire the 17 update on the WSUS server.  You may also be able to handle this case by changing the rules on the 17 package so that computers won't flag it as applicable.

I believe we have a call coming up in the next few days, and we can take a look at the rules then.

John