This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Updates not approved for download

I am new to the program and am having an issue with some updates not being downloaded to the server.  For instance, Windows XP SP 2 and SP3 have been set for approval but when I try to get them downloaded I receive the following message. "Failed to configure The Microsoft Software License Terms have not been completely downloaded and cannot be accepted." I maybe overlooking something.  What is the solution to this issue?  The server is Windows 2003, running WSUS 3.0.

• The EULA is downloaded during the synchronization event. If the WSUS Server has items pending in the BITS download queue, it is possible that the EULA file is still pending download.

If there are no items pending download, it's possible that the EULA download was simply not successful. You can execute a refresh on the Content Store by using the command wsusutil reset which should re-queue the download requests for any missing files.

Once the EULA is successfully downloaded, you'll be able to issue the approvals for the update(s).