3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2012 2:53 PM by Lawrence Garvin

How to change SMS (SCCM 2007) Site code in Eminentware (WSUS) server ?

Rajesh John

How to change SMS (SCCM 2007) Site code in Eminentware (WSUS) server, i had to move my SCCM to another server and in the process change the SITE code also.

Now, how can i update this change in the WSUS server which is also my Eminentware.

• Re: How to change SMS (SCCM 2007) Site code in Eminentware (WSUS) server ?
          Lawrence Garvin

Select the Configuration Manager Site Servers node and launch the Site Server Registration Management utility. In that dialog is the setting for the Site Code. You should be able to retrieve it from the current server by simply selecting the Site Server in the dropdown and clicking on Resolve. If not, you can edit the value in the Site Code field, and then click on Save.

Rajesh John

Thanks LGarvin.

Now, i have some 3rd party updates that have been downloaded, published but still their "State"  show up "Failed to Download"

I have checked the "Check Publication Status" and it comes up as published.

Any idea where to look for this issue.

Lawrence Garvin

Third Party Updates published to a Software Update Point should show the icon as "Files are downloaded" on the Patch Manager console and the SUP (WSUS) console.

If this is not the case, first run a "Refresh Update Server" from the SUP (WSUS) node of the Patch Manager console.

Also, check the WSUS console to see if they are reported as downloaded, or if the server incorrectly shows any files as pending download.

If that does not resolve the issue, run the utility wsusutil reset from the %ProgramFiles%\Update Services\Tools folder on the SUP. This will force the WSUS server to reconcile the updates in the database with the files in the filesystem.

Message was edited by: Lawrence Garvin - removed the instruction to check the WSUS console -- that won't work for thirrd party updates.

1 of 1 people found this helpful